Renewal of the competency framework for the HR chartered association of Quebec
Co-creation workshops across Quebec developing a new Competencies Guide for Human Resource professionals.
The Human Resource (HR) profession needs to step into its future. The entire HR system in Quebec is build around the competency framework; university programs, admission into the chartered association, inspection, as well as professional development. By improving and updating the competency framework the whole profession will be carried forward. The chartered association chose, for the first time, to do this via co-creation. They invited in HR professionals and people interested in the future of HR to go beyond thinking through what they wanted and also to contribute to its production.
- The creation of a simple, practical competency guide
- A guide that has the support and pride of the HR community and will be well used from inspectors, to university program design, and HR professional development & certification.
- An example of a competency framework for HR professionals in Canada and the world
- Integration of two new domains of HR competence – innovation process and technology
Percolab designed the co-creation process in collaboration with an HR professional. The process integrated multiple voices in the field in a creative and constructive way, mixing wisdom and experience of HR professionals with inspirational examples, creative thinking, conceptual frameworks of the future, and collective sense making.
A radically creative process that had three phases:
- Capture what is useful in what already exists and reveal the possibilities and dreams, for both the format and content of the framework.
- Iteratively develop the new structure of the guide via a series of workshops with the HR community.
- Validate specific sections of the guide with targeted stakeholders
To support the entire process, particularly with the context of participants coming in and out of the process, a visual strategy was put in place. Over 200 people contributed to the different steps of the process and were aided by an evolutive mural.
The workshops and the facilitation and the visual tools were all Percolab’s responsibility. The strategy, writing, and presentation of results were a shared responsibility with the client.