Participatory Meetings – Practicum
$325.00 – $800.00
3 x 2.5h online workshops
December 8, 10 and 15
9h-11h30 (Montréal, EST)
15h -17h30 (Paris, CET)
≈ €210 – €520
Discover how to use meetings as a leverage point to evolve your workplace culture. This training shines a light on shared leadership, and enlivening and action-oriented approaches. You will experience a tested and proven set of practices, tools and meeting processes applicable to both remote and face-to-face meetings.
What you will walk away with
The ability to run creative and efficient meetings with a variety of principles and practices that can be applied online and offline.
Who is it for
- Anyone who participates in meetings and wants to explore news ways of running them to increase engagement, efficiency and effectiveness
- Anyone interested in bringing a new dimension to workplace collaboration
What you will learn
- Clarifying purpose
- Managing time as a commons
- Shared responsibility and facilitation
- Opening and closing meetings
- Flow and care in remote meetings
- Wise agenda setting
- Leading a meeting without being the center of it
- Supporting inclusive participation
- Harvesting: simple and beautiful documentation
- Art of invitation
- Learning with feedback
- Different meetings types for different needs
This workshop is part of the Going Horizontal approach based around the seven domains of collaboration and on an incremental approach to build personal leadership and strong collaborative organizations by making them more dynamic, productive, creative, engaging and participatory.
This course will be delivered on Zoom.
I ask powerful questions and introduce practices for people to gather their collective wisdom and articulate their next steps. You can contact me to:
- explore more participatory and creative ways of working (off- and online)
- co-design, host and harvest creative workshop or team building activities
- help your team/group communicate more effectively and make sure everyone feels comfortable with contributing ideas (off- and online)
- guide a team through a period of transition such as introducing new, more horizontal work practices (off- and online)
In my work, I blend Art of Hosting (Participatory Leadership) and Horizontal Leadership practices. I’m constantly exploring others as well. I believe that meaningful opportunities emerge by sharing our collective wisdom. A thrill runs through me every time the energy changes in a group due to people listening and connecting on a deeper level.
Collaboration – Self-management – Facilitation – Co-housing
Denis is passionate about collaboration and collective intelligence. Denis is engaged in the participatory leadership movement and is particularly involved in the international Sociocracy 3.0 community. He has been practicing Sociocracy since 2010 within his co-housing community that he helped co-create.
Denis has 20 years experience in research and teaching in the domain of psychology. He explores the junction between emergent knowledge and group dynamics and organizational innovation practices.
He is interested in health, education and co-housing sectors that are in need of human centred practices.
Studies: Masters and B.A. in psychology
Training: International cooperation, Sociocracy and Non-violent communication
Participatory Strategy – Self-organization – Learning Thinking
A conscious entrepreneur, Samantha co-founded the international Percolab network and the coworking Ecto. For over 20 years, she has been putting her background in anthropology and learning design in service of innovation work in North America and internationally. Emergent process, design thinking, ethnography and a vast range of participatory approaches are her tools. Samantha is actively engaged in the future of cities, the international commons movement, and the Art of Hosting community. Samantha supports teams, organizations and ecosystems to grow participatory leadership approaches, collaborative practices and prototype mindsets.
Author Going Horizontal – Creating a Non-Hierarchical Organization, One Practice at a Time (BK Publishers).
Speaker TedX Geneva The Future is in Business as Commons
Studies: M.Sc. (Education), Graduate Teaching Diploma (Licence), B.A. (Anthropology), Community Education Certificate
Based in Montréal, Canada