Leaders in Transition
A 3-month leadership reflection space
Sit with a small peer coaching group designed for leaders-in-transition; combining the systemic and organisational with a deeply personal perspective.
Creating a culture that’s moving to a new way of thinking and working takes time. Transitioning through an ever-shifting context is a complex and often tricky journey.
Many of us in leadership roles often find ourselves questioning next steps as we sense through uncertain times. What does it mean to support more distributed leadership in our organisations? What if we don’t succeed? What if I don’t know? How can I hold the course without falling back to our hierarchical roots or asserting power over others?
With these questions come challenges to our default systems and ways of being, some at the organisational level, while others touch deeply on the personal level:
- How can I provide leadership and clarity without falling back into hierarchy or power struggle?
- I fear and I can’t handle all the projections coming my way (like people getting angry when things don’t go smoothly enough or quickly enough)
- How can my vulnerability provide strength to others?
- Where does my optimism come from?
On the organisational level it is about moving beyond the paradoxes, the continuous tensions between:
- self-organising and vertical habits
- human creativity and financial results
- needs in the world and business survival
- meaningful and profitable
Outer change requires inner change. The new (horizontal) leadership requires you to have a better sense of self AND beyond. Often, as leaders we lack dedicated, scheduled time to reflect on all these dimensions, and we lack a safe learning space with peers to share our questions with.
Since envisioning this reflection space some months ago, our world has changed dramatically. As we all move together into virtual space it raises for us questions of connection and belonging; of trust and inclusion. Now more than ever there exists a need to sense the whole together. What if this time brings us opportunities to nudge the boundaries of understanding of ourselves and others? What if this is exactly the right time to lean into some of the practices we’ve not yet made space for?
You will learn
- New ways of exploring and reflecting in order to grow a wider/deeper perspective of yourself and others which you can apply in your daily work
- To find a new/better sense of centre; crucial for helping you take next steps in supporting your organisation’s transition to new (self management) practices
- That a well hosted space, designed to be fully present, can be quite transformative
- A 2-hour session online (Zoom) every two weeks
- Over 3 months
- optional: 1 hour, in the off week to work in pairs
- 6 to maximum 8 participants
This “reflection space” is not designed as an online training (including pre-reading, syllabus material or a syllabus outline). Our plan is to adapt our reading material suggestions etc as part of our 3-month schedule with participants based on the topics that arise in conversation.
- Offer a space with a lot of humility and warmth for where people are and the paradoxes they’re facing
- Invite slow-paced conversation, a lot of sharing, going deep on the topics
- Be, along with your fellow participants, on a similar journey to you. We will sense together ways to create opportunities for learning and growth
You will walk away with
- The power and depth of sharing stories, knowledge and wisdom amongst peers – the power of collective intelligence and wisdom
- The deeper understanding and embodiment of ‘inner is outer’ and ‘outer is inner’ – seeing more relationships, thus seeing more points of possible actions
- New examples, practices and useful advice in transitioning to self management
- The experience of a safe and inspiring learning space
Ria is a member of the Percolab Belgium team. The question that always guides Ria’s work is: what is the next bit of potential that is ready to take form – in individuals, teams, organizations and large systems – with just a little bit of help? Together with this enduring curiosity – also in her personal life – Ria’s almost 30 years’ professional experience and her capacity to create safe learning spaces, have made her a master support for real participatory and innovative approaches. Ria easily sees the link between the limits of the personality of the leader and what doesn’t work on the systemic level of the organization. Always scanning what’s new in work, collaboration and co-creation, she combines a range of tools and practices that are useful and effective. She is known for her embodied presence and inner repose, as well as her highly developed sensing skills, crucial in designing emergent processes.
Mary is a collaboration coach, trainer and facilitator weaving agile practices, emergent organisational change and self-management practices in helping individuals and organisations collectively design structures and practices for complex, emergent futures. She is a director and team member at Loomio, a worker owned co-operative, contributor at Enspiral and founder of Hatchling Ltd, a consulting company based in Wellington, New Zealand.
Join our next cohort starting October 1st!
The coaching group will meet every 2 weeks, for 3 months, with a short break over Christmas: Nov. 5 and 19, Dec. 3 & 17, Jan 7 & 21.
Calls will start at 8.00am Paris/CEST time, 8.00pm New Zealand time.
Plans are in the making for a cohort on US-Europe time; hosted by Ria Baeck and Cari Caldwell. Please let us know if you are interested.
If these dates do not work for you, please still apply, as we will start a later cohort as soon as we have enough people to make a really great cohort!
Regular Price: 1500 € + VAT
Includes up to 2 x individual 1-hour coaching sessions per person over the course of 3 months
Scholarships: We have discounts for people with smaller budgets. + Interest free Payment plans available on request. Get in touch if that’s you and want to join!
Are you a business and would you like to enroll multiple participants? Contact us for VAT invoices, group discounts, and inquires for in-house courses.